Christmas Day was hectic as it always is. My little cousin (17 years old now, not so little anymore) woke us all up at 5:30am to open presents. It is really fun to still have family that is so excited to open up Santa's presents. :) Boy, was it a good year for everyone! Now that we all have jobs & a little more money to spend, everyone received a boat load of gifts. My grandmother took the cake though. My grandpa went all out for her this year, he gave her a new complete fine silverware set, a all-clad big steamer pot, a buffet crock pot cooker, luggage, and the list goes on and on. I told him that she had better be nice to him because he did really good by here this year (well he does every year). Jeff got a lot of clothing & some gift cards for his various house projects. I got a lot of jewelry and some new tools for my kitchen. Both Jeff & I are excited to get back home & use our new toys ;)
The day after Christmas we did a little shopping but mostly we drove up to Flagstaff to spend the last part of our trip with my Mom. She has a foot of snow at her house! And the peaks are so beautiful from her living room window. Their dog, Monty, is really fun to be around also. Mom took us out to see Wupatki & go to Cameron (one of Jeff's & I's favorite spots but no one else cares to go to). We also saw a bunch of movies while on vacation (making up for having busy lives in NC). We saw True Grit (really good & funny), How Do You Know (terrible), and Harry Potter (the best of the series). I am still hoping to get to go see The Fighter some time before going back to work next week!
It's funny, I started writing this blog with the intention of writing about how being with family for too long drives everyone crazy but it has turned into all of the wonderful & fun things we have done & how grateful I am to be blessed with such a wonderful family. Even though they drive me crazy sometimes, I still love and miss them terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment