It has been awhile since I've been able to sit down & write. Yesterday was my first day off in 7 days. Friday, Saturday, & Sunday I closed the store & Monday I opened the store. So I was pretty exhausted yesterday. Although not enough to keep from finishing my book ;) I feel I am doing well at Target & all of the executives have been talking to be about joining the Business College this Spring. The annoucements haven't been made yet but I am very hopeful & am looking forward to it. It isn't a guarantee of a promotion but it puts me in a good position.
Jeff is doing well. He will be taking his exams in March so it is a very stressful time for him right now (and for me!). I know he will do well but you all know how prepared he likes to be. He is currently applying for a grant that if he gets will take us somewhere new this summer but I'm sworn to secrecy on that subject. Instead of hoping for this, I am planning a summer vacation to visit Boston & the NorthEast. Jeff has been with his family but I've always wanted to see Plymouth Rock & Salem. We also have a friend that is currently living in Connecticut that would be good to see.
Besides work, I have been doing a lot of reading (much to Jeff's resentment). On vacation I began reading The Hunger Games & I could not put it down! I was up until well after midnight some nights reading, which is highly unusual for me. I've been reading on my new Kindle Fire & I really like it. I can read at night without a light, although I generally prefer the night light to be on. After finishing The Hunger Games, I picked up A Game of Thrones. My dad & brother have been raving about the series so I picked it up. And again I was enthralled. It has been a long time since I've had such an obsession. I've completely forgotten what it feels like to not be able to put a book down & to be completely immersed in another world. I've forgotten how much I enjoy reading! I used to spend days outside reading with my dogs (all of them Chani, Jessie, Lilly) when I was a little girl. And I have started it up again. A Game of Thrones has had me in turns crying, laughing, and fits of anxiety over what happens next. I am now watching the HBO series based on the book while I wait to get the next book in the series. I have also started reading Catching Fire, the next book after The Hunger Games.
Jeff's sister is coming home this weekend & I am looking forward to spending time with her & her fiancee. Even though it snowed an inch Sunday night, I am very excited for the warm weather to come soon! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods :)
No comments:
Post a Comment