Monday, May 17, 2010

The Single Life

Jeff has been gone for over a week and Tammy and I have been living it up!  No take-out for us this time....yet  I cooked a really good pork dinner one night and have been eating that for a few days.  I'm trying to clean out the freezer so I've had a few pot pies and a frozen pizza.  We've also contributed to A LOT of TV watching.  I saw Leap Year and that is my new favorite Romantic Comedy.  I most definitely recommend it!  I also went and saw Iron Man 2, which was also very cool!  Again recommend it!



I've also taken the opportunity of the boss being away to pack for Italy!!  Before he left, I finally won the debate on whether or not to bring luggage.  1 point for the wife, booyah!  So I have now filled it.  I kept to the agreed upon limits (1 pair of jeans, hiking clothes, 2 shorts, 2 skirts, 1 dress, chacos, flip-flops, hiking shoes, all sorts of meds, etc.).  There may have been some shirts thrown in that I won't be surprised if an argument comes out of that but I'm going to friggin Italy!  I MUST be stylish!  :)  Like my mom said whatever I don't get to bring, I'll just have to replace when I get there.  Hmm shopping in Milan could be very fun. 



Jeff's aunt and uncle have been in town too.  We went to the Durham Homestead for the first time since moving here.  It is a tobacco museum and from what I gathered unless you grew up in the 50s and 60s and smoked, completely boring.  It doesn't help that it was 93 degrees and no a/c!  Oh well, we had fun.  Jeff's aunt is really fun (she's just as snobby as I have become).  We've been swapping recipes and cooking together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment