What have I made lately? I got some goat meat from my CSA one week and I made a curry with that. The curry called for a sonne bonnet pepper but I didn't have any of those so I substitute half a green chili and half a red fresno. It was delicious! I seared the goat meat and then combined all the ingredients in a pot and let it stew for 3 hours. Oh my god, delicious! I also had a freshly butchered chicken and I rotisseried that. My sister-in-law, Kimberly said it tasted just like the ones from Costco. I think that was a compliment. I used the left-over meat from that meal to make biscuit topped chicken casserole. This is Jeff's mom specialty and it is one of my favorite meals. Kind of like a chicken pot pie but with biscuits instead of pie crust. I've also made sweet and sour chicken, that was really good. And I made thai chicken and that was not so good because the oil heated up too fast and burned the chicken. This is still a trick I am learning with making chinese food. At least there were no fires this time. Not sure how I could have dealt with that. I made a pot roast tonight for Jeff's sister. Pretty easy meal, just seared the meat and threw it in a crock pot and let it be for 4 hours. It was really good! I made the gravy beforehand and let the meat soak in the gravy for hours. This is the way pot roast ought to be cooked! Served it with mashed potatoes from the garden. What a great meal!!
Personally, I am struggling. I am pretty lonely and it is starting to get to me. I work 6 days a week and on my days off I am cleaning. Even if I work nights and have days off, my days are filled with responsibilities (taking care of pets, cleaning, laundry, spending time with family, appointments, etc.). The only time to myself I seem to get is the hour before falling asleep when I watch The Tudors. It's pretty good except that Netflix has messed up the episode timeline so I watch 1 episode that seems to be like 6 episodes in the future and then the next 6 episodes are backtracking. Weird but I can't stop watching! I did treat myself and went out with friends to see Harry Potter 7 last Sunday. That was really fun and as always I'm sad that I have to leave for some other obligation instead of hanging out with my friends. These particular friends are so kind to me and every time I am with me I realize how alike we are and how much I appreciate having similar souls to be with. The movie was good, I have some criticisms (mostly it being too short!) but otherwise well done. This weekend I am hoping to maybe see Captain America by myself (another treat for myself) but we'll see. Obligations abound.
No comments:
Post a Comment