Lets see.......
I've been very busy lately!
I took an 11-day vacation to spend time with Jeff (who came back 9/1) and my Grandparents (who came to visit 9/5). We took my Grandparents to visit the Outer Banks. Jeff & I usually spend most of the summer on the islands but with him being away and me busily working, we didn't get the chance to go at all this year. So it was really fun to go! Here are some pics!
What have I made recently? For Jeff's Birthday Party I made wiener schnitzel and a baseball cake. Jeff cooked a lot for my grandparents (making up for lost time, I think). I also made a sour cream cucumber salad which really wasn't any good. I made an almond joy cake which had amazing filling! The only real meal I've cooked lately was a balsamic chicken with Parmesan potatoes. Very tasty. I am excited about making a ratatouille from Julia Child with all of the veggies from Jeff's parents garden very soon!
What have I found out? Well before I left for vacation I told Target that I expected to have some clarity. Well here I am and no clarity. I have also just found out today that Target has not only given me a particular bad case of tendonitis but also that it will antagonize it forever. Bad news for someone trying to make a career there. My doctor is hopeful that with some steroids and some very serious splints that it will heal on its own and won't give me any more problems. But the splints make my job very difficult. We'll see how it goes. For now, I will try to stick with Target as long as I am able. No news on the teaching front.
No comments:
Post a Comment