Monday, August 15, 2011

Jeff is back in our home in Northern Italy from his 2 week excursion into Hungary and Serbia.  Even he feels safer now :)  I got a postcard from him today.  Such a beautiful country, Serbia is! 

The only new recipe I have made lately is ratatouille.  I have so many good fresh veggies from the CSA that this dish seemed natural and perfect.  I served it in zucchini boats.  Everything tasted fantastic!  Because the CSA gives me a plethora of fresh veggies (to be honest some has rotted in the fridge and had to be thrown out, mostly small squashes that I just never got to cooking), I have made a ton of salsa this summer!  I've made tomatillo, my Mommas famous one, and my Aunt Charlene's fresco.  I am contemplating one more but tomato season is out so I'd have to buy some more tomatoes to make it. 



I have been working all the time.  So much that I am getting tendonitis in my hands and have to wear a wrist guard.  Icy Hot patches help a lot too.  So much that I am exhausted all the time.  The last few days I have been able to get out of bed in the morning for about 2 hours before crawling back into bed.

Having only 1 day off a week means that my days off are filled with housework and volunteering at the museum.  So really I have no days off ever.  To make matters worse, late last week I received a letter from DOT informing me that they are claiming eminent domain over my property.  Ugh!  Just what I needed on top of everything else.  So now I have been frantically e-mailing my HOA and lawyers to get this figured out ASAP.  Basically, the road that runs by my house is adding a lane so the new road will be at my doorstep.  So I need to make sure they not only give me money for the land they are taking but also provide me with a noise barrier and they make sure to fix the drainage situation that Jeff and the HOA have spent a lot of money trying to fix.  I don't want a mosquito pond on the side of my house!  It seems like things are getting going quickly so hopefully by next week, I'll be on my way to getting this out of sight out of mind.  Here's hoping.

So that's the news from North Carolina, where the mosquitoes are prevalent and the heat is just starting to die off.   


No comments:

Post a Comment