Sunday, January 29, 2012

Well even though we are sad that the niners lost :(, we still had a good dinner that night!  Chicken parmatouille was really good & I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch all week.  Again, I worked at Target all this week & I managed to do the accounting (cash office) for the store all by myself!  I was a little worried when the count was over by $14,000 but it just turned out that I had miscounted the safe by that much so it worked out in the end.  Besides some very minor issues with my paperwork & style of counting, I'm told that I did a good job.  This week at work we also had our annual cleaning day where the district office comes & visits us to see that we are looking good & clean for the spring/Easter sales.  I spent an hour dusting the computers & afterword I had hay fever!  Ugh!  Growing up in Phx has it's perks, I guess.  Dust gets into my lungs & head & I was sick for the rest of the week with a fever, cough, headache, & runny nose.  I told my bosses I was not going to do that again, so don't ask!  :) 

Jeff has had a pretty good week, if not very productive.  Monday I had a dentist appt to fix a cracked filling & on my way to the appt, I realized that I forgot my night guard that my dentist needed to make sure the new filling fit & I wouldn't have to order a new guard.  So Jeff promptly took the bus home & drove to the dentist, only to wait about 45 minutes while I learned that what I really needed was a root canal.  Once they got the filling out, they saw that my root was exposed so then they had to deal with that.  And of course that means another appt & another day off from work & potentially means getting a crown.  Jeff was not please to learn this when I finished up.  But he took me out to lunch & as we talked, he got a little less grumpy at me & we had a pleasant lunch :)  Jeff also learned this week that because his tuition has been paid for the last 5 years by private funding, the Grad School at UNC will be happy to pay for his 6th year.  Boy was that a relief!  We still have to pay his school fees & it still is not going to be easy financially next year but at least we won't have to take out any student loans! 

This week has been interesting for dinner.  Tuesday I made latkes that were really good.  Wednesday we had leftovers & BBQ wings.  Thursday I was supposed to make soup because I was feeling really sick but after going home to a barage of e-mails about the widening of the road we live on & taking an hour to go through those & then waiting for Jeff at UNC to walk to the car, it was about 6pm before I got to the grocery store to buy the ingredients I needed to make soup!  We picked out some indian food on the way home & ate that.  It was pretty good!  Friday night we went out with Jeff's parents & saw the move Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.  I would not recommend it.  It made you feel pretty miserable throughout the entire movie.  Saturday we made pizza because it was my free day & we had been out enough this week.  After dinner we went & saw Henry IV at one of our local theatres.  It was really good & the acting was amazing!  Tonight it's Henry V & chicken & leek soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment