Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So yes, it is true, we owe a lot of money in taxes this year.  I think this is going to put us into economic hardship but Jeff is a lot more optimistic than I am.  Between the taxes & UNC's fees, we are tapped out.  We have been maintaining treading water for awhile but now our debt is sky high.  Maybe we need to pass around a collection plate?  :)  I have to have faith that we go through these trials for a reason (more than likely to teach me to budget effectively) & that we will come out alright on the other side. 

This past week, I worked at Target & I taught a music class.  It was fun to be back in the classroom!  I'm glad these last 2 weeks are over though & my schedule finally gets back on track.  Working every weekend & the late nights have really exhausted me! 

Again haven't really been doing anything other than working.  But, last night I made eggplant parmigiana from the italian cookbook Kimberly gave me for Christmas.  It was different.  Smoked mozzarella, fresh parm (straight from Parma Italy thanks to Jeff's friends ;).  I'm not very good at frying things in oil, so I'm not sure the eggplant turned out exactly as it should have but Jeff said it was the most tender eggplant he's ever had.  Tonight/Today we are making our own NC BBQ!  Jeff smoked the meat on the grill this morning & it is currently basting in our oven.  It will be done at around 5pm today  :)  I'm excited to see what it tastes like!  Other than those 2 meals, Jeff has been grilling a lot.  It's easy.  We've had bratwursts, hamburgers, shrimp, etc. 

The weather here has been beautiful!  My tulips are now in bloom, which I'm very excited about!  Jeff seeded the grass last weekend & last year's stuff is coming back in full force so our yard is very pretty right now.  We are excited to spend this weekend out at the Outerbanks & enjoy the nice weather on the beach!  Of course, its too cold to swim right now but it will still be nice to sit on the sand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment