Monday, March 26, 2012

This past week has been pretty uneventful.  Monday, I had my first Personal Training session.  It kicked my butt!  I was soo sore this week at work!  Work was fine this week, nothing very eventful.  Spring is in the air here & so everyone has been sick with allergies.  Migraines, etc.  But everywhere is beautiful, the wisteria is in bloom & the dogwoods.  I'm excited to plan a trip to Duke's Gardens while the flowers are still in bloom. 

This week I have made marinated steak tips, over a big salad.  It was pretty good.  I've started going to this new butcher on Franklin St called The Meat House.  Their meats are good & not very expensive.  Yesterday we tried their asian pork served on kebaps. The rataouille I made was also very good. 

Our exciting date this week was going to see The Hunger Games.  We ate at McAlisters beforehand, which was good.  I had a taco salad that was very good.  The movie was good too.  We saw it on IMAX.  I really enjoyed reading the books & the movie was fairly true to the book.  I'm confused on why they left out the character Madge & some other minor details.  I think they made the movie too quickly & they weren't sure about a sequel so they made those changes based on a one movie deal.

Sunday Kimberly got her white coat from the Pharmacy School.  We are very proud of her!  She is entering the training stage of her schooling.  This coming year she will be rotating around different places learning the practice of pharmacy.  I believe she starts at UNC Children's Hospital.  We are excited to have her living here in Chapel Hill with her fiancee Matt.  

This coming week I get to teach for 3 days at Carrboro High School.  Thursday, of course, is my birthday but I'm disappointed that no one is able to celebrate with us.  I'm so afraid that it's going to be my girlfriend from work & Jeff's parents & us & that's it.  How awkward!  Ahh well we will still have fun eating good food & drinking good wine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment