As I've been mentioning, spring has sprung in NC. As excited as I am about that, the sinus headaches & sore throats caused by all of the pollein that is currently circulating are dragging me down! For the past 4 or 5 days, I've had this aweful sore throat. Mostly its just a lot of pain when I swallow & it feels like its only the right side of my throat that really hurts. I dunno. Yesterday, I woke up right at 7am with stomach pains & those lasted every hour on the hour for twelve hours. Thankfully I think that is over with but it did mean I had to call out from work yesterday :(
Today my new TV Show started up, A Game of Thrones. I just finished reading the second book of the series & I can't wait to start reading the third (even though I'm scared of the deaths of the characters that have been fortold to me). I think they've done a better job with this season than last season but man the ending of the first episode definitely was a cliffhanger! Of course I know what happens next but it is so cool to see it on the TV :) I still have a hard time swallowing all of the dramatization they make over the small parts of the book (i.e. Tyrion's whore does not ever set foot inside the citadel of Kings Landing & Littlefinger is never threatened like that by Cercei) but they have to make the show entertaining to the masses, I guess.
My birthday was really good! Jeff woke me up with a dozen roses, eggs, bacons, and croissants. He gave me a honey-do list for my birthday present this year. Apparently I'm getting a new spice rack, flowers for the front porch and the bathroom painted. I thought it was very thoughtful of him :) My grandparents & Dad gave me a enameled dutch oven from Le Creuset. Even Jeff was excited about that because now I have a dish for lasagna! I'm excited to use it but I just have to find the perfect recipe for the first time I use it. Jeff's parents gave me a new dress, a sage bush (that is really beautiful!), a geranium plant & garden stake to hang it, some lavender soaps, a tea strainer from Rosle, and a wood spoon made from olive wood. Some of my friends from UNC & Target, as well as Jeff's parents, joined us in celebrating my birthday at Maggianos (an Italian place). We had a really good time! It was good to eat & talk with everyone. The food, of course, was wonderful. All in all a great birthday!!
This week is supposed to be crazy busy at work because of Easter. That means the time will go by fast. Saturday we are celebrating Kimberly & Jeff's Dad's birthdays by going out to dinner to Chamas (a Brazilian steakhouse). Sunday is Easter of course & I plan on making a strawberry salad & a cheeseball (both recipes are favorites from my Grandma). Last night I made a soup in the crockpot. It came out bland but it was good for my sore throat & sickness. Tonight I am making one of our favorite meals, Almond Stuffed Chicken. It is a moroccan recipe that uses coucous as a stuffing. It makes for a very savory & tasty chicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment