Well let's see. This past week I got some crazy stomach virus so had to call out sick from work which made me mad/upset. Work was really cool & actually made me cry with how wonderful they were about me calling out sick. They know that I never do that & that it just kills me to call out. Soooo much better than JCPenney! Like Jeff says Target is a "grown-up" company :) So I worked very little this past week. The days I did work, including Saturday, were not busy at all. I guess our customers planned ahead or went out of town for the holiday because they were not at our store. Oh well. One of my executive bosses pulled me aside this week to tell me how much talent I have & how I am going places in the store. At first I was so excited because I thought he meant that they are getting ready to promote me! But after some thought, I'm pretty sure he was eluding to my enrolling in the business college. It's still a big deal but no pay raise is associated with the college. I am still pretty pleased with my self about how much everyone loves me at work (although Jeff worries that I am getting cocky).
I didn't do much of anything on my days off. I didn't even go shopping which is my normal routine. I was so lazy I did all of my shopping online! Hahaha! I ordered a few tops from Target & REI with some of the birthday money that was given to me. I also ordered a pair of new work shoes from Sierra Trading Post (Earth Brand); they are so cute! I got a Rosle tea strainer from Amazon that I am thoroughly enjoying using every day. I have always wanted to use loose leaf instead of tea bags! But the most exciting thing to come to me in the mail was the present from my Mom. You know the old adage nobody knows you better than Momma? Well every year she proves it true. She finds &a sends me the neatest things; I am always so overjoyed to get them! I am still bragging to everybody I see "Look at what my Mommy sent me!" She sent me a beautiful Coach purse, dark & light purple. It is exactly what I was looking for, lots of pockets, cross-body, & a medium size. Ahhhhh!! I am so happy about the find! Thanks Momma!
Friday, Jeff & I went to a work party to celebrate Good Friday. It was fun, we were the first to leave as always (10pm) but it was an hour away from home; yea pretty much we're lame. I met some really cool people that I hope to hang out with again sometime! Saturday I worked until 6pm & then very hurriedly changed for going out to dinner with Jeff's family. We were celebrating Jeff's Dad, Kimberly, & Matt's birthdays. All of which happened last week. We went to the brazilian steakhouse Chamas & ate our fill of different kinds of roasted meats. Yum! After dinner, we opened presents & died eggs. Sunday I insisted that Jeff & I have some sort of a family date (our family Jeff, Tammy, & me). So, we got up & after paying our egregious tax bill, went to the gym. Since we paid our taxes & were recently given a bill from UNC Hospitals for $900 (apparently my wrist guards for my tendinitis that I was diagnosed with in September cost $215 EACH), neither of us were willing to spend money on anything that day. It turns out that hopefully the medical bill will be resolved shortly since UNC never actually billed my insurance for those charge, ugh! So after working out at the gym, we went to Duke Gardens to walk around & smell the tulips. I was sad that the wisteria is already done & gone but the rest of the gardens were still beautiful. Tammy was on her best behavior (although she did attempt a goose massacre). I think she was so good because that morning she went on her Easter Egg Hunt. Yes, every year I place dog treats inside plastic eggs & hide them in the backyard for her to find. It's adorable. She sniffs them out, picks them up in her mouth, & brings them back to me to open :) I love that girl!
This week, I am making tostachos. Tostada nachos. They look good so I'm excited. Other than that I work most of this week. Last week, I made Easter Dinner which turned out good as it always does :)
Some bad news is that due to the fact that we just paid a small fortune to the Government for taxes & that we just can't seem to get ahead no matter what we do (UNC tuition, student fees, doctor bills, etc.), I sadly have to report that we have decided that we will not be able to go to AZ this year for Christmas. Besides our financial difficulties, this is our last year in NC & we don't want to have to pay for a flight to NC next year because we didn't spend Christmas in NC this year. It sucks but we have to deal with the hand that is dealt to us. Happily, you are all welcome to visit NC & spend Christmas with us & Jeff's family. We don't get snow & the temperatures are usually in the 60s & 70s so it is a nice place to visit for the holidays. And if you don't feel comfortable staying in one of the houses with family, we get a killer deal at the nearby Marriott thanks to Jeff's Aunt. So we hope to see you all here for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment