Sunday, June 13, 2010

Forever a Lovett

Well I am sitting in SkyHarbor waiting for my plane back to good ole NC.  I had a really nice time with my family although I am always left with this sinking feeling when I leave them.  I have such an amazing and supportive family and I am so thankful for them and it crushes me to leave them but such is life.  I can't wait to go home and see my family and start the next adventure!



Flagstaff was beautiful this past weekend!  I don't think I could have chosen a better weekend to visit.  My mom and I went down to Sedona on Friday and hung out.  It was OK, I was feeling kind of sick after eating lunch at this bakery and the shopping was very toursity.  The views were incredible, though, and that was worth it for me.  I NEVER get to see mountains or canyons or red rocks anymore so it is just so awe-inspiring when I see AZ again.  Yesterday my mom and Robert took me to the Grand Canyon for a hike down the Grand View trail.  OMG!  Nobody told me it was only the steepest and most strenuous hike in the canyon!  All I had to wear were my Keens and I rolled my bad ankle once and I was done for.  I think we made is a mile and half in before I stopped.  I mean not only am I carrying 30 more pounds since I came out last but I have this blasted ankle that is still healing after a year and a half!  Well again you can't beat the views of the Grand Canyon and just hanging out with my brother and my mom was fun for me. 



So tomorrow we leave for Berlin!  I got my passport (after a week of stressing out and multiple phone calls to the passport people and the USPS) and I am at the airport on time for my flight.  Even after a little tiff with my mom today about when to get to the airport, I am here and I am safe.  Thank you to my family for rushing me around for the past 10 days, doing everything I ask, and putting up with my controlling anxious backseat driving self.  I love you all so much and I hope to be able to call you sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment