Sunday, June 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well I am here in hot and dry Arizona.  Coming home to the Southwest is so amazing to me.  Arizona is truly a blessed state.  Flying in I could see for miles and miles.  And the mountains!  Dear God, I haven't seen real mountains in sooo long.  It's funny what you realize you miss once you move away.  BUT, it is sooooo hot!  And I am so dry, I feel like a fish out of water.  I'm putting lotion on by the pound! 



The sad thing is is it isn't really home anymore.  I miss my home and my bed.  I have made a really nice life for Jeff and I in NC and I miss it when I come back to AZ.  Oh well seeing my family more than makes up for it.  I have such a wonderful family.  They always know exactly what I need.  I miss them so much! 



As many of you know, visiting family can be a little stressful.  So many people want soo much of your time!  This weekend I am spending with my Dad because he only gets the weekends off.  But I don't really feel like I am spending time with him because the rest of the family is here too.  Oh well I love them all and I wouldn't change a thing.  I just can't believe today is my last day with my Dad.

Jet Lag sucks, by the way.  I am dead tired by 9pm but I make myself stay awake until 10pm.  But it doesn't seem to matter because I still wake up at 3 or 4am.  So I try to do something that will make me fall back asleep.  Like going for a jog or something. 
 


Yesterday we had a really nice day.  We all got up and Dad went and got us donuts from Krispy Kreme.  I think my family forgets that Krispy Kremes originated in NC but its OK cuz I still love to eat them!  Then we had to wait around for the FedEx guy to get here.  Get this, my name on my passport is still Jacqueline Michele Lovett!!  How Jeff and I managed to miss that after all these years, I will never understand.  So tomorrow I get to drive to Tucson to get a new one (they can make them on the spot down there).  So Jeff over-nighted my passport, our marriage license, etc.  And I had to go get new passport photos at Kinkos too.  Did you know you can't smile for your passport photo anymore??  I learned this yesterday too.  Evidently TSA looks for biting mechanisms from terrorists.  I have no clue but my photo looks like a jail picture.  See here http://www.wisegeek.com/is-smiling-in-passport-photos-really-banned.htm
 
Today is open again but I think I'd like to go swimming or something to get out of the heat.  We'll see. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jacque, sounds like you are having a good time with the family. I am happy for ya that you get to spend a little time with them before heading off over seas! I can't believe you can't smile in the pics anymore...as if they weren't bad enough before where they washed u out, now u can't look happy either? lol. TTYL!! Love, Kimberly
    p.s. since when do you not get dead tired around 9 pm anyway? ;)

    ReplyDelete