No job, so far, but lord knows that I am trying. I've had 4 interviews and no call backs. Last week I interviewed for a part-time teaching position and am still waiting to hear about that one. I also haven't heard anything about the secretary position at UNC. It's annoying but I think I've become sort of numb to it. There really isn't anything I can do about it so I just keep hoping.
JCPenney has become something of a problem nowadays. It was going fine and then they started giving me like 15 hours a week, which I deemed unacceptable. I worked it out with the managers to get it cut down & that seems to have worked. During one of these discussions a manager thought it would be best to let upper management know about my Christmas Vacation in advance as the new store manager was a lot more flexible than my previous store manager. I knew I should have trusted my gut but trusting the advice of the manager, I put in my time off for Christmas. Well I can't say I wasn't surprised to see it rejected and to get a nasty e-mail in response, basically saying that my time off is unacceptable. So, now my store manager has essentially put me inbetween a rock and a hard place: either I piss off my family off by wasting their money or I quit JCPenney. I wonder what my decision will be.........
But I can't let that get me down because Saturday my sister-in-law is coming to town & we are going to see David Sedaris! I am so excited! I need some serious girl time & I am hoping that will happen this weekend. AND believe it or not, Jeff said I could buy myself some Shape-Up tennis shoes. I am also really excited about that! So it should be a really good weekend!!



No comments:
Post a Comment