This past week has been a whirlwind. Drama, driving, panic attacks, etc. Target's inventory was this past Thursday so working there was a lot more stressful than normal. On top of it, I had the gaul to ask for Tuesday off so I could go to an interview. They got over it, thank goodness, and the interview went really well. It's an hour from home but it is a good school & I was very impressed by the administration there. It was one of the best interviews I've had. I hope to hear sometime this week.
On Wednesday, I submitted my applications for the week's job postings and I am not kidding within 90 minutes I was e-mailed about setting up an interview with another school! Problem was they wanted me to come in at 9am on Thursday, inventory day at Target and I just couldn't do that. It isn't in my blood to just ditch my responsibilities like that. So thank goodness the principal rescheduled for Friday at 2pm. Again, an hour away but again a really good interview. They basically offered me the job because they felt I was the most qualified. So hopefully I will get official news from them next week too.
This week I made more soup. I made tortilla soup with a bunch of chiles. It was really good. I swear chiles really spark those endorphins because I always feel happy after eating them. :) Friday night Jeff took me out to one of my favorite places, Talullas. It's a Turkish restaurant on Franklin St and we ate outside and it was wonderful. We had some dumplings and shared a fish entree that melted in your mouth. Wow! Tilapia baked in a puff pastry with a tomato spinach sauce over it. After dinner, we went and saw Harry Potter 7 at our $4 theater located on Franklin St. So it was really fun night! Last night we grilled some stakes and I made a white wine mushroom sauce to put over it. Yum! On the side a dijon potato salad. Soo good all around!
The DOT adventure is currently at a stand still. The City Council has put a hold on all of DOT's plans until they can reach an agreement. The City Council discovered that the DOT was going forward with plans that they did not approve and have now placed a stop measure on the project altogether. Very good news for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment