I swear since I started at Target the drama in my life has tripled. Maybe its me as Jeff suggests but I think its just the retail industry. The scheduling situation is still not going right but hopefully that will be changing in the near future. I have been told to apply for another promotion as a Guest Services Attendant (a mini-supervisor, so to speak for the cashiers). Its another pay raise and they will be willing to work around my teaching schedule. It sounds all good to me! It also looks like Target will give me time off in December so I can go see Jeff's family in San Francisco.
I was not offered the position of receptionist, unfortunately, but I do have an interview at a middle school about an hour from home. It's a new district for me to interview in so I hope it works out! I have also started tutoring. I have my first job as a tutor, twice a week until Christmas. I'm really excited to help this little girl one-on-one.
In other news....life has been pretty busy and stressful and somehow stuff piles up and never gets done, which drives me crazy. I made a Mexican Soup that I thought was pretty good but Jeff thought had too much lime in it. And today Jeff & I made chocolate cherry ice cream. We saw a lot of friends and ate out a lot this week. I have been maintaining my proactive assault against DOT's expansion plan of the road that runs by my house. It takes up a ton of my time and energy but hopefully it will pay out in the long run. So far, I have the City Council looking into DOT's plans as DOT has been showing the neighborhood plans that differ from the plans the City Council gave the OK too. But there is still a lot of work to do and I've just begun working on the political side of things.
Yesterday was my Grandfather's 70th Birthday! Wish I could be with him to celebrate :( My Grandma is still doing well after her surgery and I keep praying for her quick recovery every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment