Saturday, October 22, 2011

No News

I have not heard a darn thing from either of the schools I interviewed with a week ago.  I've e-mailed and really received no response to give me any sort of closure.  I am hoping this is good but I'm getting pretty anxious about the whole affair.  Thoughts like "God why me"  "And please God just give me this one shot" float through my mind regularly. 

Tutoring is going well. My little student is a doll & I can't help but spoil her (we meet at an ice cream parlor twice a week).  I am interviewing on Wednesday for a supervisor position at Target (semi-supervisor, only a 24cent raise).

For those that don't know, I am typing this on my brand new laptop!  My old one apparently was junk and because I bought the Best Buy protection plan, I got a brand new one for $80!  It worked out great because the plan expires on Black Friday this year so I got 2 years of life from my old one and now I have a new one for the next 2 years!  :)  It's a Toshiba (never had one of those before) and it's a lot smaller (13").  I'm really liking it.  The graphics and processor are phenomenal compared to the old one.

I am back to playing with our new Wii for excersize.  I took a month off due to week after week of illnesses.  Yikes!  But now I'm back & thank goodness I was sick for so long because I didn't gain any rate!  Jillian from Biggest Loser would have probably shot me if I had gained, as it stands now I'm barely keeping from being eliminated every week.  :) 

Let's see tonight I am making a spicy pasta (arrabiatta), one of our favorites.  We've gone out a lot this week due to various cultural activities.  Tuesday we went to Chipotle before going to see Mary Chapin Carpenter at UNC.  $10 tickets & she is a phenomenal singer!  We had a blast!  Jeff grilled us some more fresh pork chops from the CSA on Wednesday.  Thursday I made a crock-pot meal of terragon chicken.  I now know that I don't particularly like terragon.  Too much like licorice.  But it was still pretty good. I poured a cream sauce over the chicken that was quite tasty & made green beans and sour dough toast for the sides.  Not too shabby for a week night!  Friday we went out to the Raleigh Times before going to see Evita.  Good thing the tickets were free because dinner stunk & the show production wasn't the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment