Friday was my last day working on the Pricing Team at Target. No more 5am wake-ups! Next week I start in my new supervisory role and the week after that I have 2 night shifts. So you win some you lose some but at least I'll be making more money :)
I am extremely disappointed by my past 3 interviews in the teaching line & just a note, I really don't want to talk about it. It's hard enough for me to keep myself positive & together that to explain to everyone why I didn't get it or to have conversations about the frustration of it all, is just not helpful in me trying to stay positive about the whole thing.
It was really good to get away last week, recharge our batteries in the beautiful mountains. As ya'll saw in the pictures, it was really cold & wet but we still had a fun time. I don't think we'll be going on another family vacation for awhile, although we are still hoping to visit Jeff's folks in CA in December.
Things I have made: candied pears, pumpkin bars, williams sonoma pumpkin bars, lamb polenta pie, and meatloaf. I think that's it. The candied pears started melting & that really grossed me out but everyone who ate them said they were really good. I always make fresh pumpkin bars when Jeff carves the pumpkin. He gives me the pumpkin flesh, I steam & puree it for the bars. They are really good. The Williams Sonoma bars are a treat. They are made with pumpkin pecan butter, yum!! The lamb polenta didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to, the polenta never crisped up but stayed very wet, but it was still very good on a cold rainy night. The meatloaf was fantastic! I put roasted veggies in it and topped the loaves with chili sauce & bacon. Mmmmmmm.
One more new thing: I've started a no dairy, low carb diet. My doctor (ahem Mom) suggested that that might help me feel a little better. For those that don't know for the past several months I have been feeling sick to my stomach & although I long it to be the obvious, that's a medical impossibility. And let me tell you how hard it is to find snacks or food that doesn't have carbs in it! All of my favs, crackers, granola, cheese, etc. are out of the picture. It's a good thing that I've done the dairy bit before & actually like soy products. I might have to go & get some soy cheese, it really isn't bad (Jeff says in eggplant parmigiana it's the best). Also, there's a great pasta brand that I think I can eat (Mom check it out) called Dreamfield. Only 5g of carbs! So whereas I can't say that I have successfully gone a full day without dairy or carbs, I can say that I have been watching what I eat & have tried to seriously limit my intake. I mostly feel a little better, although last night I had the pains again, but I should also lose some weight in this process. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment