Saturday, November 12, 2011

I officially started training for my new supervisory position at Target this week.  It's been a little crazy, since really I've only spent a few hours actually doing my training modules.  The rest of the time, I've actually ran the front of the store on my own because the other supervisors were jammed pack with interviews for the Holiday season. 

Thursday I stopped my dairy free diet, which is good since I was really having a hard time finding these to eat!  I got desperate & bought some Atkins products.  Anything that says "endulge" on the box is good, the rest is not good at all.  This week I picked up some Kind bars & I'm looking forward to trying those out!  I also picked up some almond flour & this morning we made pancakes.  Ahhh how good it is to have pancakes!  I thought they were pretty tasty, but Jeff didn't care for them.  I'm also going to make some bread & chocolate chip cookies with the almond flour.  And all my efforts have paid off because I've lost 5lbs in a week! 

We really haven't cooked much this week.  Last night we went out with Jeff's sister & her boyfriend Matt to a very good seafood restaurant nearby.  We had so much fun!  It's nice to sometimes let the meal linger & just sit & talk and laugh.  I had very few options to eat on the menu, most dishes have risotto or are breaded, so I got blackened mahi mahi.  It was pretty good, a little dry but then I'm REALLY picky about seafood.  We also got a dozen steamed oysters & those were wonderful!  Tonight I'm going to cook up some flatiron steaks with roasted tomatoes & creamed spinach.  I'm excited about this meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment