Monday, December 19, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

Jeff & I had a great time in CA.  It was short but really special to us.  We left Jeff's Grandparents Monday 12/12. Jeff's Grandpa couldn't get out of bed that day & it was really hard for Jeff to see that.  Our fears are that we won't get to see his Grandpa again before his time comes.  Sooo we are contemplating a trip back in the Spring.  Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday we spent with Jeff's other Grandma & his various Aunts & Uncles back in the Bay Area.  We went hiking along the shoreline & at Lake Como.  We also found a special present for Tammy :)  Wednesday & Thursday took us to the island of Alameda to visit another set of Aunts & Uncles.  We had a great time going to a winery & out for seafood there!  It was really nice to be able to see everyone & be reminded of how wonderful of a family we have!

We got back a midnight Thursday & Friday I was back at work at noon.  Whoo!  I didn't think I would make it through my shift.  In fact, my coworkers found me nearly falling asleep on my feet!  I worked Saturday too but was off Sunday to celebrate Jeff's Mom's Birthday!  We all went out to the Outback for steaks.  It was OK but at least it is pretty cheap.  Today I am teaching & we are going out for Mexican after work. 

Christmas Eve is Saturday & we are planning our annual tamale event.  For Christmas Day this year, I am planning on cooking up a crowned pork roast.  I'm hoping to make a venture into our local butcher for the first time ever!  I'm not sure what the sides will be yet but I am thinking about a Berry Trifle for dessert. 

I hope all of your holiday plannings & activities are going well!  We are definitely enjoying all of the cards & letters we have been getting in the mail  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment