Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tammy's First Swim

So, yes, I am officially the new Guest Services Team Leader at Target!  :)  They've retroacted my pay so we are all good.  I've started my new position by implementing some new fun games that the cashiers really seem to enjoy  :) 

Jeff has returned from his conference in Kentucky.  He had a good time but is exhausted from all the talks that he went to.  He got to go on a steamboat ride, as well as as see the Slugger stadium.  While he was gone, I worked, caught up on my tv shows, tried to make homemade mac & cheese, and caught up on sleep. 

Last Sunday was Jeff & I's 5th Anniversary.  I closed the store the night before & was woken up at 5:55am with a pretty scary phone call.  My grandmother was taken to the hospital.  Turns out she had too much ammonia in her blood & that was wreaking havoc on her brain.  A day of being really scared but she pulled out of it & is resting at home now.  We are so relieved that everything came out OK & that the doctor's caught her condition in time. 

This weekend Jeff wanted to go swimming.  We thought briefly about going to a water park but at $35/person, we thought we'd save our money & go to Raven Rock State Park for free instead.  The Cape Fear River runs through Raven Rock & we took Tammy there for a swim.  Tammy has been to creeks, lakes, rivers, etc. before but she really only ever goes in to maybe her tummy line, she doesn't swim.  The water kind of freaks her out.  Well this time Jeff first attempted to just set her on a rock in the water that wasn't very deep, she wasn't impressed & gave Jeff dirty looks for that.  Then we left her on the beach while we went swimming which made her a nervous wreck because her job is to protect us & we watched as she went up & down the beach testing the water to find a safe place to come out to us.  It didn't work.  So Jeff picked her up & carried her to this very large rock in the middle of the river.  And we left her again.  This time she got enough courage to walk out a little ways trying to get to us but again nervous wreck dog.  When we swam back to her, she went ballistic.  She really thought we would leave her there on that rock in the middle of the river.  Dogs...  Instead of carrying her back to land, Jeff made her go across by herself.  She likes jumping rocks across rivers but when the rocks run out she is at a loss.  Jeff gave her a push & I called her to me on the beach.  The look on her face was priceless.  As she's swimming she looks pretty pleased until the current starts to take her away from her goal, which is me, then she starts to panic.  She made it, though, and that was Tammy's first swim  :)

Jeff & I are trying to get away on a vacation this summer.  The problem is that everywhere is really expensive!  We want to go to Disney World since we're only 10 hours away & we will be moving next year.  Just to go to Epcot, not even the other 3 Disney Parks, is $80 per person per day.  So we are saving our money to go.  And since we aren't going to be going to AZ for Christmas this year, anyone that would like to help us get to Disney World instead of shipping packages to AZ.....

Well I think that's all we have going on for right now.  My mac & cheese was very good but I need to use bigger noodles, not elbows next time.  Tonight I am making fish tacos, which I am very excited about!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment