Still no news on whether or not I have officially been given the promotion. I accepted the offer but they have to go through any other offers & interviews to be fair to everyone else. Maybe I'll know more tomorrow...
Last night I made meatloaf. It was a different recipe. Did you know meatloaf is a french concoction? I did not & apparently you really want fatty meat....not the meat you find pre-ground at the grocery store. So I asked my butcher to ground some beef chuck roast but I could not find a small portion of pork shoulder to ground so I nixed the mixing meat idea. Anywhoo....it came out alright. It wasn't too much effort but I really thought the caramelized onions in sherry would make it wonderful but it still tasted like my mom's meatloaf. Which is very very good but still I expected better.
Last week I made lasagna in the dutch oven. It came out excellent! That night was very stressful for a lot of reasons. Suffice it to say that I learned a lesson & I'm not likely to make that particular mistake again.....and neither will Jeff.
Kimberly has moved back to Chapel Hill from Elizabeth City. We are all very excited to have her around here! She has started her last year of Pharmacy School, her first rotation is at UNC Childrens Hospital.
I worked all last weekend & have had enjoyed having Monday & Tuesday off but I am still exhausted from all the nights working. Working nights really takes a toll on me. Ahh well with the new promotion I'll be working nights more often :(
This coming weekend I am off & we have a full weekend planned! Kimberly, Matt & us are going to a UNC baseball game on Saturday & on Sunday we are going to go see The Avengers. I'm very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment