Jeff has been trying to get me to lose weight. Uck! I HATE it. In the past I have done numerous diets ranging from Ally to Denise Austen. I lose 10 pounds in a month and then in 6 months I have gained it all back. So, I have grown really tired of dieting. Plus, I hate starving myself. I love food and I am at the point where I just don't want to change my habits. So there! So, as a compromise we have been having a goal of doing 1 intensive excersize activity every day. So last week we did Yoga (you bet I dragged that SOB to Yoga with me!), rock climbing, jogging, etc. I absolutely hate jogging. I hate it. I will do anything to keep from having to do that. But since we have limited options, jogging happens.
On Saturday, Jeff came up with this bright idea. He woke me up (he actually let me sleep in) with the promise of going to Costco. Now trips to Costco are always a double edged sword with Jeff. It usually entails field work. He has a research site 1 minute from Costco. I groaned at this suggestion and tried to roll back over. And Jeff knows the quickest way to get me out of bed is the threat of male torment (wink, wink). So I roll myself out of bed and refuse to take a shower. Well I walk outside and find my loving pooch barfing and pooping all over the backyard. She was sick! Well then I realize that I am little nauseous as well and not because I am witnessing this episode. Jeff says "Well, I think she ate something funny yesterday.....What did you eat?" Well Jeff confirmed this as an episode of Female issues since it was us girls and not him that had been affected. Turns out he was right but back to that later. So here we are driving to his field site, me feeling quite miserable and ducking in and out of the bathroom the whole time. Then, we go to Costco and we feed ourselves on the free handouts. Then off to more errands and when we get home just states that it was time for our intensive excersize before we start cooking dinner. I had just about had it with him. "Don't you care that I am sick??" "You'll feel better if do some excersize!" Sometimes I really hate that man.
So his bright idea was to go canoeing. Meanwhile my loving dog gets to sleep in her bed and soak of sun rays all day (no intensive excersize for her!). So we go canoeing on University Lake near our house. It was nice but I definitely prefer kayaking. The weather was perfect and we got to see heron up close and personal. We even saw a few turtles. We also watched fish for like half an hour get bugs (they were really fighting for those bugs!). Thinking back on it, it was really nice. But then I was like get the half hour over and done with and get back home! It was a good workout for my arms but I wasn't about to extend the adventure any longer than I had to. Jeff was disappointed but too bad for him!
We get back to the house and I promptly laid on the bed attempting to take a nap before having to cook dinner. Well, indignant Mr. Muehlbauer gets all offended by this action. I ignored him and went to sleep. He went and played in his garden. When he woke me up later, he was still indignant but he wanted dinner so we made some peace after some arguing. So we will continue the excersize challenge and see if I lose any weight but be prepared for more battles of wills as things progress.



Sorry Jacque-I agree with Jeff. A healthy Jacque is a happy Jacque! :) There's no sympathy over here because we too are on the quest to get healthy. Don't you remember in high school and your Thoreauvian experience was Yoga? I'm a calorie counter because I hate saying nope, I can never have ______ again. Check out the website livestrong.com. I really like it-especially the myplate part. I'm not a runner either...but I do go walking in the mornings with a friend of mine for about 45 minutes. I also recommend the drinking water-that helps me lose weight. 2 liters a day. I'm not all about the number but about how good you feel when you're healthy. I know you're a hiker-you nature gal. Being healthy and active is a good thing. :)
ReplyDeleteDon't let her fool you Lindsay, she keeps Jeff running all the time with her stuff. She just likes to complain about anything she doesn't want to do. Almost 25 and still acting like she did when she was 12. Luckily for all of us, Jeff loves her, don't know why. Better her messing with him the with me anymore. Plus she wants to hike all of Ireland, Italy and whereever this summer so Jeff is just making her do what she knows she needs to do.
ReplyDelete(See Jeff I do stick up for you sometimes)