Thursday, April 15, 2010

Plane Tickets

So, Jeff and I have plane tickets to Berlin!!  YAY!  Oh, yeah, so many of you are probably thinking Wait....aren't you guys moving to Italy??  So here's what's going on.  I am flying to AZ June 4th to see my family before the journey across the ocean and Jeff is going to a conference in Sante Fe June 6th.  We are both coming back to NC June 13th, only to grab our already pre-packed luggage and hop a flight to JFK June 14th.  Literally, my flight from Phoenix lands in Durham at 11:15pm and our flight to JFK leaves at 6am.  Holy cow, what are we thinking?!  We have a few hours in JFK before our next flight to Dublin, Ireland leaves.  We have 8 hours to waste in Dublin!  Hmmmm do you really thinking we are going to spend it in the airport?  HECK NO!  We are dragging Jeff's research assistant and hauling him around town!  :)  Then after a very long 48 hours of travel, we will finally land in Berlin.  We will spend a week in Berlin getting acquainted with the lab Jeff is working for and meeting various Ecologists.  Sounds really fun (ahem boring) to me.  Then after our week in Berlin, we will be driving to the Dolomite region of the Alps in Northern Italy.  And by Northern Italy, I mean as freaking far north as you can possibly get.  We will be able to see the Swiss border from where we will be living.  We aren't staying in a specific town so we will be the Muehlbauers of the Alps for awhile.  Cool.



Now, that our travel plans are paid for and legit (finally), we can move onto the fun things like VACATION!  So, Jeff recently informed me during one of my discussions (notice the use of my here and not our) about what we will be doing, going, seeing, etc. while in Italy that we might not get to see Rome.  WTF?!  I asked if I heard him correctly.  He says we will be working too hard to go traveling so far away.  Umm, you don't go to Italy and NOT see Rome?  Duh!  I said not going to happen my friend, I intend to incite a riot among the labor force and don't think I won't!  So, now I am gearing up for a chat with my new best friend Patrick (Jeff's research assistant) to be on my side at all times.  After all, if Jeff is his boss and I am Jeff's boss than I have the upper hand, right?

2 comments:

  1. That's right folks, we're trying to "make ends meat" here in Chapel Hill. I prefer them cooked medium, Jacque prefers medium-rare. Mmmm...ends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I ask myself why I added my husband as a co-writer on this BLOG!

    ReplyDelete