Saturday, April 24, 2010

Jacque's View

I have been told repeatedly that my previous blog was mean and evidently not as funny as I had thought.  This has been an ongoing issue for me.  Apparently, my voice in my writing comes off harsher than I intend.  This has caused issues in my HOA, as well as my blog.  I apologize if some of you were offended.  I can assure you all that Jeff got my jokes and was not offended at all and we both got a kick out of the comments.  Thank you for being honest with me- sometimes I need to be woken up.  You are all absolutely correct "a healthy Jacque is a happy Jacque." So with that being said I do not hate my husband nor do I really think he is an SOB and he knows that.  I very much appreciate his efforts in getting me into shape.



Alrighty then this week was a very hard week for me.  On Tuesday, I found our that the job I was very much hoping to get had been frozen to external applicants.  This means I can't have a job in an entire county.  This economic crisis is killing me!  I have been very depressed this week because I honestly have no hope of getting a job in August now.



This week in school, I was teaching my classes about the Grand Canyon which was really fun for me since I basically grew up there.  However, being 10 year olds they just could not handle the experiments.  I tried my best to keep everyone in line but while working with one group of students, another group would start messing around.  At one point, we had fights break out in the classroom.  At that point, I called the principal.  She came and gave a good talk to the students.  While she was talking about how I am not under contract and how I choose to come in every day of my own accord to teach them, I just broke down.  I was at my wits end with these kids.  I just have to resolve to be mean and tough.  I give way too much leeway with them.  I just hate having to do this.  But today was much better, we got to do the fun experiments without incident and I was tougher on them.



Almost every day this week I have come home and wanted to excersize just to purge myself of all the emotions I was feeling from school.  A few days we even did 2 excersize routines.  And my wonderful husband took me out to dinner to make me feel special.  I really do love that man.  The great thing about Jeff is that he always knows what I need.  He doesn't always say the right thing like "drink more water" or "do some excersize, you'll feel better" but he does know how to make me feel better when I am down.  We are a great team and I feel very fortunate to have him in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the new background! Very cute. Glad to hear some good stuff about you and Jeff :). Sorry about the teaching job...I really thought that the economy would start to turn around by now but nope...sucks for me too because otherwise I probably would have been able to spend my summer in Durham if more jobs were open! Oh well...I guess we just gotta take what we can get. I can't believe you had to call the principal in...things must have gotten pretty dang bad:(. Crazy kids better start respecting my sister more!!! I really can't wait to get home in 2 weeks and see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time believing the Jacque had a hard time being mean to anybody. Having been on the recieving end of too many Jacque tongue lashings, I have to guess that she's just afraid of killing one of them more than anything. Just teasing, pretty girl. Should have gone into the mental health field, lots of jobs waiting for me in the next year what with expanded health coverage and the rising number of people being incarcerated for drugs. Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete