Monday, April 18, 2011

Pizza was really good Thursday night, even if Zumba didn't happen.  My excersize buddy sprained her ankle so cancelled on me.  Friday I had my interview at Target.  It was an hour long and consisted of 2 interviews.  I think I did well and I'm fairly certain I got the job but they came back to me after the second interview with "The drug testing center closed at 3pm so we can't offer you a job today, you might as well go home."  Ummm OK.....  Hopefully I'll hear something today.  Actually hopefully I'll hear from the charter school I applied and interviewed for so that I won't have to work at Target and I can go help Jeff in Italy this summer.  We can keep hoping.

Saturday was a big long day.  We bought a new toaster oven, this is our 5th one in 7 years.  Yeah, they don't last long.  Jeff's family came over in the afternoon and we went and saw Big River, a musical based on Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.  It was really fun!  I really enjoyed myself.  It was particularly fun to hear the storm raging over us.  Everybody has been calling us asking if we are OK and we are.  We only got rain.  The topography of NC is such that a few hours south of us is flat land so they always get hit with tornadoes.  Where we live in Chapel Hill is forested and hilly so we generally don't get tornadoes.  After the show, the sun was shining and we went to dinner at my favorite restaurant 411 West.  It's Italian and it is soo good.  I had wild mushroom ravioli with grilled shrimp.  Soooo good! 

Sunday we tried Zumba.  It wasn't what I expected.  The first disc is all of the different dance moves.  The second disc is a workout that isn't dancing at all.  We didn't get to the third disc.  I think we will try again tonight.  We went back to Jeff's parents place for dinner.  They made ribs which were pretty good.  They boil and grill them, which I think ruins them.  I bake/broil them which makes them tender and juicy and delicious.  But to each their own! 

And the fun part of this week is the long weekend for Easter!  Jeff and I are going to go backpacking in the mountains of South Carolina.  I'm so excited!  I hope the weather isn't too bad!

1 comment:

  1. So glad there were no tornadoes where you live, after last year's tornadoes off Hart Prairie Rd, I'm not sure that anywhere is immune anymore!!

    ReplyDelete