Friday, April 29, 2011

This week has been horrible!  Before we left on vacation it was discovered that the contractor that was hired to do the roof repairs on one of the buildings in my complex wouldn't do the repair without having a roofer come in to replace the shingling (basically the whole roof needs to be replaced).  Well anyway, to keep from getting myself into even more trouble, let's just say there were some really hurtful and distasteful e-mails sent.  In order to compromise at this time only the roof with this structural damage will be fixed.  Which kind of sucks since I am paying money for this lawsuit so that I can repair my roof.  And one person in particular in the HOA thinks that keeping the roof from leaking is a want rather than a need but of course they aren't involved in the lawsuit.  Ugh it has just been a mess!  My lawsuit has been moving forward this week too.  My lawyer has been trying to have settlement talks but the people I am suing are so totally clueless that they said they already made repairs so they will only give each of us $500.  You mean the piece of drywall you stuck up on the rafters as a galvanized wall plate?  That kind of repair?  Give me a break!  Wish me luck with this adventure!

The chicken tikka I made came out pretty good.  The sauce/marinade was really good.  The sweet potato salad was really good.  I used purple sweet potatoes so it was really pretty!  Haven't really cooked any more this week.  We had leftover ham from Easter so I made scalloped potatoes to go with that.  Tuesday started our CSA (community supported agriculture) so we got some fresh pork sausage and fresh veggies.  I love CSAs!  After the CSA pick up, we met Jeff's office mate at one of the local breweries for drinks.  That was really fun and very much needed after such a crappy start to the week.  Plus, we also needed to celebrate my job offer from Target.  It's official I will be working at Target this summer, whoo hoo!  Last night, we went to a UNC barbecue.  It was pretty fun, we brought Tammy and she had fun getting handouts.  Tonight, I am making salmon.  I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment