Friday is our anniversary and Sunday Jeff leaves. So many emotions! Excited about celebrating 4 years together and sad about separating for over 3 months. I think it hit Jeff yesterday, he came home depressed.
The Volunteer Recognition Dinner was comprised of Subway sandwiches. Lame. But I got a honeysuckle plant out of it so that was good. Friday's pork chops were also very good. There is nothing like eating fresh meat, it is just so good! Saturday I started at Target with orientation. I felt bad because I had to keep rearranging my schedule what with Jeff leaving this weekend and me going to AZ on Tuesday. Saturday night we were with Jeff's folks and they had corned beef. I really dislike that particular meal so I ate their left over stuffed peppers. Sunday night I worked at Target so Jeff and I had left over spaghetti before I went to work. Monday night I also worked at Target so I bought one of those frozen meals from PF Changs. It was pretty good! Last night we went out to the last pizza night of the summer. Unfortunately pizza night is also CSA night so at 7:45pm I was like oh no, we have to go! our csa ends in 15 min! So we left running to the car and speeding to the CSA. And then in our rush, I left my purse at the restaurant! So we had no cash to spend if we went over our $20 allowance! We had to leave with a $4 credit because everything we wanted cost more money :( But we got my purse and then hurried back to the CSA hoping they were still there so we could get what we wanted. It was funny, but we got ourselves a whole chicken! :) Tonight I am making chili. It has been really rainy this week so chili sounds good. Tomorrow if the weather is good we will make kebabs.
Working at Target has been good so far. Everyone is really nice and Target treats their employees really well. For instance if I'm scheduled to leave at 11pm, I leave at 11pm. :) The work is time consuming. I basically make the aisles look pretty so working in cosmetics for example takes forever! You would not believe all of the items that you find behind the nail polish. You could drive yourself crazy trying to put everything back in ts proper place! One of the managers caught me doing this and was like no. Put whatever doesn't belong in the basket and make the aisle look good. Don't stress about it :) I work again Sunday and Monday night. The best thing is that work goes by really fast.
Tuesday, I had volunteer orientation at the museum. It was pretty good, mostly just talking with the volunteer coordinator. She's really nice and I have another ally looking for jobs for me. :) She also said that if I ever wanted to get together when I'm lonely this summer with Jeff leaving me, to give her a call. Really nice lady.
Updates on my grandmother. She is doing really well. She had a lumpectomy done last week and it was successful. No cancer in her lymph nodes :) The next step is to start radiation, which will probably take place in late June. We are very happy about this!



No comments:
Post a Comment