Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's a Hard Life

So this week hasn't been any better than last week.  Monday I didn't work because I had a dentist appointment.  I found out on Monday that the charter school that I interviewed for isn't going to have any positions opening up this year.  That was a bummer but I am trying to be positive that at least they didn't reject me like the other interviews.  After finding that out, I went to the dentist and had to pay $900 for a crown to be put on top of my implant.  Yikes!  I have never paid that much for a measly crown.  So that was a shock. 

Jeff came home and we were going to discuss all this.  Statements were made (namely we have banked everything financially on you getting a job and it is now biting us in the a$$) that were hurtful and we had probably the biggest fight we have ever had.  I come from a loud confrontational family.  Arguments are normal.  We don't get loud to be mean, we get loud to be heard.  Well Jeff's family doesn't argue, period.  So whenever I get loud, Jeff shuts-down and walks away.  This infuriates me!  It's been a major problem in our marriage before we were married, a clear topic during pre-marital counseling.  And it still hasn't changed. 

Things are better now but I am still at a weird place.  Jeff is leaving in like 15 days and I don't know that we can handle (financially) me going over there to visit him.  That is scary.  Plus, the future is so unknown.  I hate my life here in NC because I can't seem to find a place for myself.  Nobody seems to want me which leaves me feeling rejected and depressed.  I have no purpose here.  I just don't know what is going to happen and that scares me.  

Anyway, last night we went over to Daisy's house for dinner after picking up our CSA food.  This week at the CSA we got a rack of fresh pork ribs.  They are meaty and look delicious, cannot wait to eat them!  And they had fresh strawberries.  OMG.  We ate the entire quart last night, they were sooooo good.  They tasted like the wild strawberries we had in the Italian Alps last year.  Yum!  Daisy made us a curry that was pretty tasty.  Tammy enjoyed it too.  Daisy spoils Tammy rotten, it's fun.  I think we might have to formally adopt Daisy as Tammy's Aunt.  :)  Daisy also is thinking about rooming with me this summer which I think would be really fun.  She has to go on this gluten and dairy free diet which might be good for me to go on with her.  I don't want to have anything in the house that will tempt her.  Plus she will help a little with the mortgage which would be extremely helpful to us. 

Tonight I am making catfish sandwiches.  For those of you who have never visited us here in NC and have never gone to the Outer Banks, fish sandwiches are legend.  They serve them for lunch at most of the cafes along the islands and they are delicious.  So I'm going to try to make them, wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment