Friday night's BBQ was as expected. Daisy came over and that was it. It worked out well though because our huge rack of ribs was really fatty so by the time it cooked down there was just enough for the 3 of us. :) The marinade was so good, didn't even need BBQ sauce on the ribs! The coleslaw was not so good however. Oh well we gave it to Jeff's parents so hopefully they will eat it since it was too nasty for us to eat (of course neither Jeff or I care for coleslaw at all). For dessert, we went and saw Thor. I casually asked Daisy if she was wanted to see it and believe it or not she's in love with the main actor! Jeff was devastated because us girls dragged him along to go see the movie :) I really enjoyed it and want to see it again! This time maybe in 3D.
Saturday morning Jeff made us biscuits and gravy (my favorite breakfast dish) with the spicy pork sausage we got from the CSA. For those of that don't know what a CSA is, it stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Basically, in this day and age of corporate farming it is really hard for small local farms to exist so they came up with this CSA idea. You pay for 16-weeks in advance ($20/week) and you get all the fresh meat, veggies, cheese, fruits, etc. that you can buy for your $20. It's really neat because everything is fresh, right from the farm and you know it is good.
Saturday I worked at the museum. I drove into the parking lot and there were literally 10 cars there and I thought oh boy this is going to be a long day. Then, when I got to my second job (I work in 2 different areas of the museum), there were 4 of us volunteers! I said ummmm no and asked to leave. So I got to have the afternoon off to hang with my pooch and hubby. It was a lefty night but after dinner we took Tammy for a walk to the gelato shop near our house. We all enjoyed that :)
Sunday was Mothers Day and I truly hope all of you mothers out there enjoyed your day! I did Zumba in the morning. Daisy was sick so didn't come over so that made Jeff my partner! :) He ended up walking away laughing. Boys. But it was a good work out for me. After Jeff finished digging holes in the backyard (gardening is never finished), we packed everybody up and went over to the in-laws. For Mothers Day this year we made fondue. I made 2 cheese pots and 1 chocolate. It was all pretty tasty. One cheese was gruyere and port and it was so flavorful. And the other was parm and cream cheese with chipotle chilis. It was spicy and very different but good as well. The chocolate was interesting. It was with Mexican chocolate (dark chocolate with chili powder) so it was pretty spicy. It gave everyone quite the stomach ache. But most importantly Jeff's mom loved it and that it was really fun.
Tonight I am making spaghetti. I hope it comes out good. :) It is beautiful weather today in NC so maybe we will try to take advantage of that this afternoon. Tammy has upgraded to 2 walks a day because Mom needs the excersize too (1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, spoiled creature).
No comments:
Post a Comment