Friday, May 6, 2011

This week has gotten a bit better as it has gone on.   I've e-mailed the principal at the high school by our house asking about any opening teaching positions (I have worked with the Social Studies Dept. there A LOT in the past and word has gone around that some one is leaving) so I hope that comes to something.  I e-mailed on Monday and have yet to hear anything.  I plan to e-mail every principal in the district in the next month so that I can maybe get around the nonsense of Human Resources.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Wednesday I did not make catfish sadly.  Turns out that people in NC don't make catfish at home, they buy it at the local BBQ joints.  That's my guess anyways.  The only store that sold it was Whole Foods for $9.99/lb.  Holy crap!  So Jeff and I both agreed that wasn't going to happen.  We went out to a Thai restaurant because I had a coupon.  The restaurant was lacking and we won't go there again (for the first time in my life I gave a 10% tip).  Oh well it was still nice to go out. 

Last night I made biscuit topped chicken casserole.  This is a recipe from Jeff's mom that is very good.  Jeff's mom is a MAJOR casserole cooker and has every single Bisquick Cookbook, I am not kidding.  Most I won't eat but this one is great for leftover Turkey.  Good ole standby recipe. 

Yesterday I also talked to my little bro for an hour and half.  I really enjoyed it.  We both were like you are the only person in the whole world that truly understands what I am going through right now.  I've always felt me and my little brother were closer than normal siblings because of how we were raised and because we never did anything separately.  So it has been hard on us these last few years being apart.  But we still love each other and evidently can still talk for hours about everything and nothing at the same time :) 

Tonight is our big BBQ.  Although, I doubt it will be very big.  Only 1 person out of the dozen we invited have said they were coming and that 1 person might bail out because they don't particularly like ribs.  haha!  Oh well, Jeff and I will enjoy them.  I put them in the fridge all day yesterday and last night I made the rub for them.  So they are currently in the fridge marinating.  So excited!  I am also going to make coleslaw (since I am not using it on the catfish sandwiches) and grilled zucchini. 



Tomorrow I have to work at the Museum again.  I am trying my best to show that I deserve an actual job there (there might be a paying position opening up in August).  I am also going to take on another position in the kids play room in June (it should be fun because I get to deal with live animals!).  Sunday we are going to cook for Jeff's mom.  We wanted to take her to the Melting Pot but it is so expensive that we decided to try it ourselves.  We don't have a fondue pot but we think crock pots might work out OK.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I am going to make 2 cheeses and 1 chocolate, thanks to Emeril (when I'm doing something new and different I go to Emeril instead of Rachael Ray). 

No comments:

Post a Comment