Monday, May 23, 2011

No More Husband

Jeff left Sunday morning leaving me the rest of the beautiful day to myself.  It was horrible!  All day I felt his presence in the house and wanted so badly to be doing our normal Sunday routine.  I tried cheering myself up by watching Robin Hood Men in Tights but it only made me cry harder.  Poor Tammy didn't know what to do.  I eventually just had to get out of the house so we went for a run.  It isn't right to be separated for 4 months and it bloody stinks to be in our house by myself.  I need donations to be able to buy the plane ticket to Italy!  Luckily I am going to AZ tomorrow so hopefully my family will be able to cheer me up a little.  Unfortunately I still have to go back to NC at some point....

Target is going well.  As predicted I'm well on my way to management.  I was talking to one of the Executives last night and she was really impressed with my work and she will be looking out for me.  Evidently Team Leaders start at $15/hour, so that is definitely worthwhile to me!

The chili and kebabs turned out really good.  Those were both good dinners.  Jeff and I had a great last week together.  Cooking together and then our anniversary.  On Friday, at every hour Jeff sent me an e-mail with 4 reasons he loves me, is glad he married me, cherishes me, etc.  I got 12 e-mails total.  It was wonderful and made me feel really special!  The 4th Anniversary is the flower anniversary so I woke up on Friday with a dozen red roses :)  And when Jeff came home after work later, I got a dozen pink roses.  What a glorious and special day!  Jeff liked his gift too.  I made him an Italy Survival Kit with dumb manly movies, books, and tons of other little things to keep him busy and having fun without me.  Saturday morning, I made cream puffs with fresh strawberries.  Those were really good!  And for lunch I made a strawberry vinaigrette salad, which was also really good.  And then kebabs for dinner.  I also made him some St. Nicholas cookies (basically fancy gingerbread) for him to snack on on the plane.  For our anniversary, we went to Elaine's a really fancy restaurant by a famous local chef.  It was soooo good.  We had a nice bottle of my favorite red wine, Pinot Nero.  We had a cheviche for an appetizer.  For dinner, Jeff had the steak and I got the tuna.  Both were melt in your mouth delicious.  We were so stuffed that we skipped dessert!  We had a really nice evening.




Now I am trying to clean out the fridge by eating leftovers.  I am also trying to tie up all of the loose ends of financials, banking, cleaning, etc. before I leave.  I am in a constant state of trying to remember things to do that I have forgotten.  And staying out of the house is a definite plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment