There are only 10 days left until Jeff leaves me for Italy. It is coming so fast and there is so much to do and so much to fit into that little bit of time that we are a little stressed out. My normal reaction to this sort of stress is to push those I love as far away as possible in order to avoid being hurt. Maybe that has led to these recent fights. Maybe I'm just scared what a 3-month absence will do to us. I'm very independent by nature and I've never lived alone before. How will that affect our marriage?
Even though it is 2 days before Jeff leaves me, I am very excited about our anniversary. We are going to one of the locally famous chef's restaurants in Chapel Hill (he has been in Gourmet magazine). And I got Jeff an awesome present, even if it's been a source of arguments (what did you buy? nothing!). And another thing to be excited about is 2 days after Jeff leaves, I leave for AZ!! It will be good to be back home with my family. :)
The spaghetti Monday night came out good. It was different. Tuesday we did lefties. Wednesday Jeff's sister came over for Zumba and we went to the best little Mexican restaurant there is for dinner. Jeff got chili verde and I got the mole (their specialty because they are Oaxacan). I inhaled my meal, it is one of my most favorite dishes! Tonight we are going to a Museum Event for dinner. It's a Volunteer Recognition sort of thing so we are going. Tomorrow I am making chili rubbed pork chops with the fresh chops I got from this week's CSA pick-up. Saturday I start at Target, whoo-hoo.....

I'm sorry you and Jeff have to be apart for a while. Jeremy and I were apart while he worked in Denver and I did my student teaching in Tucson. It sucked, but we survived and I think it made our marriage stronger. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.... Hang in there!
ReplyDelete