So my experience as a defendant sitting in court as led me to believe that if some wacko can sue me for a fender bender for $40,000 then I most certainly can sue the people that built my house. For all of you that don't know, Jeff and I bought a renovated condo in 2009. We were told that everything was brand new, the dry wall, the roof, etc. In 2010, we discovered mold in our crawl space. $1600 later that was fixed. This year, we have discovered that our roofs were in fact not done to code and have started leaking. $2500 fix that no one is willing to pay for. So, after having the HOA hire an attorney to do research and find out if we have a case, and the HOA deciding it wasn't with it for them to pursue a lawsuit, I have convinced some of my neighbors that it is worth pursuing. My entire building of 4 condos has elected to hire a lawyer and scar the contractors/sellers into paying for our repairs. With that, comes the complaints of the neighbors that are not filing a lawsuit. At this point, I hope I have heard all of the complaints I am going to here because spending Valentines Day reading and responding to e-mails for hours on end really wasn't fun for me. And believe me, I have heard it all, owners thinking they deserve some of the money that we might get from this, owners telling me that I can't go to court without their approval, owners basically trying to drag me down, but what they don't know is that I am a hard-headed woman and I have latched onto this and won't stop until I win.
Pretty boring week this week. Monday finished the lawsuit and we had our awesome Valentines Day meal. Tuesday was doctor's appointments and pizza nights. Wednesday I went back to work and we had dinner at an El Salvadorean place. Last night was a very nasty box of pasta meal (don't buy boxed meals!). Tonight we are hoping to have seafood at a very nice restaurant on the coast with Jeff's sister.
Doctors. For those of you that don't know my plight on weight loss, I have gained more weight. I hate dieting, seriously I do. I get a headache just thinking about it. But my doctor said that my weight gained has increased my blood pressure. It was in the concerning range, the first time ever in my life. So, I guess my 15 minute walks with the Taminator aren't good enough and I need to go make a more concerted effort at going to excersize classes. The thing is that every time I ask Jeff if he wants to go (mostly to Yoga) he says no. And I am not that willing to go by myself. I suppose we'll work it out.
Today we are leaving to go visit Jeff's sister in Elizabeth City, NC. Tomorrow we take off for canoeing! I am really excited, we need to get outside and it is so beautiful here today, 75 degrees! The pooch is coming too so that will be an adventure in and of itself. But we are eating large- steaks tomorrow night, tamale pie on sunday. So excited!
I would go to classes with you. We're looking to get signed up-there's a place right around the corner from our new house. Honestly, classes are the best place to exercise-because everyone is suffering with you. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI know! I think about you every time I'm in those classes. You have always been the kind of person that can get anybody ramped up to excersize with you! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you Jacque. Maybe you and I should do a long distance workout buddy thing! I should really weigh 50 lbs less than I do right now... also can't quite get up the courage to go to one of the classes at the gym by myself and every time I ask Jeremy to go (to anything) he says no. The only things he'll do are hiking, climbing, biking, and skiing, and quite frankly, those are not the most convenient modes of working out!
ReplyDeleteI bet we could Skype something! :) I'm good with Yoga because it is so relaxing and the people there aren't the judging kind. Just on the weekend it's family time so....yea... The probably with hiking is that it doesn't do much for your tummy weight, at least for me. I have a pretty good endurance and can walk for forever so my legs are good but the tummy not so good. Have you tried Zumba? Linds I know loves it but I can't get myself to go to a class, I have like no rhythm.
ReplyDelete