Thursday, March 10, 2011
Animal House!
Jeff's parents left Tuesday to visit their family in California. They will be back in 7 days (yes I am counting down...keep reading....) As much as I think they would like us to, we refuse to stay at their house while they are away. There are a myriad of reasons but mostly they live 30 minutes away from where we work. Anyway, because of that choice we have to bring over their dog (Amber) and cat (Chloe). This is the first time with their kitten. The pets already know each other and have interacted together before but this is a first in our house. Oh my god. I used to dread Amber coming over because she is such an embarrassment. She barks at bags and balloons for crying out loud! But Chloe. How to begin? She and Apollo fight all the time non-stop. The first day for the entire day they tore up the house. Now, I know my cat and Apollo sleeps at night when he plays all day long. But that first night, literally all night long. Cat howls, cat screams & screeches, cats knocking things over, etc. I'd get up and bring Apollo to bed and close the door against Chloe, but Chloe would then howl and bang at the door. We'd lock the door on both of them and have a few hours' of peace but eventually one of them would start to bang on the door again. This went on all night. Wednesday morning they were out cold. I had the day off from school and didn't see any of the pets, cats or dogs, the entire day. Everyone slept. So naturally, the cats got up again at 2am and started the process over last night. It wasn't as bad but still I am a zombie today from 2 nights lost sleep. You'd think I would've slept yesterday but I couldn't. I have the worse headache today, ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment