Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let's see the pork chops I made the other night were OK.  I made them with a chutney that was pretty good.  Served with green beans and grilled mango.  Help me out, next time I say I want a mango remind me that they do not taste good in the states.  I'll have mango in Mexico or South America but here they taste like soap.  After the chops, we watched the latest Bones episode.  I really need Booth and Bones to get together.  It would just make me so happy right now. 

Yesterday I worked again as a French teacher.  It is so much fun because I don't know any French but neither do the kids because they are so young.  After school, I came home and Jeff surprised me he was home too!  We took Tammy for a hike, which she loved of course.  After the hike, we got to making dinner.  German Potato Salad, Baked Beans, and Brats.  Tell me what better meal is there?  I swear while overseas, I had the best and healthiest intestines ever.  And you know what we ate?  Potatoes, vinegar, pasta, and a lot of veggies.  I miss the European lifestyle a lot when it comes to cooking and food.  Always getting the freshest ingredients, going to the store every day to get fresh baked bread, and not putting so much emphasis on having a meat, a starch, and a veggie at every meal.  Anyway, I did learn something in cooking last night.  Probably not the best idea to make Baked Beans with a can of Baked Beans.  They come out hard and crunchy.  Tasted good (thanks Dad!) but gotta get the pork and beans next time.  Oh and the beans were organic.  Sometimes you have to stick to your roots and stick with name brands.  I only buy Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Daisy Sour Cream.  It makes a difference, trust me. 

After dinner, I wanted to read my book The Once and Future King.  White is a crappy writer, sorry but there it is.  He tells you how the story ends at the beginning and then drags on for 500 pages.  At this point, I just want the book to end.  Anyway, my latest habit is to take a bath and read before bed.  And I always put the book on the toilet seat so it doesn't get wet.  Well you can probably see where this is going.  Did I mention that Jeff gave me the book as a Christmas present?  That's key to this story.  So I decide to finish reading and get out of the bath and I put the book on the toilet.  Plop!  Crap.....Jeff rescues it and then chastises me!!!  Obviously it was dumb.  Obviously I feel bad.  But Jeff gets so mad at me for laughing at the situation.  I mean its my book.  WTF, he has to make every argument about himself?  So yea that was fun.

Today we will probably play in the garden.  We are supposed to go out with Jeff's parents for dinner tonight but who knows what will happen between now and then.  For now, I am going to enjoy my coffee and make some crepes for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment