Sunday, March 6, 2011

We went to a Mexican Restaurant last night.  Pretty good, like a Garcias or something of that nature.  I had an enchilada and a tostada and believe it or not I was pleasantly surprised.  The enchilada was pretty good.  They didn't use marinara sauce so that is always a plus.  Shortly after dinner we left.  The UNC vs. Duke Game was going to be on soon and Jeff's family was going to watch it.  We left with the intention of watching at home (I wanted to be able to go to asleep if the game kept going past 10pm) but we actually didn't want any of it.  Truth be told, I really dislike basketball.  It happened as a kid.  My grandparents had season tickets to Suns games (yes, the days of Charles Barkley) and we were dragged along.  My poor grandparents get whined at because to me the games were boring (to my little brother too!) and generally we left before the games even ended.  I guess that has sort of scarred my mentality against basketball.

Anywhoo, today it is raining.  This puts a major damper on any gardening plans.  Luckily, we made a point yesterday of putting all of the plants into the ground before leaving for Jeff's parents.  So they are all off to a good start with the rain.  We planted a peony, another azalea (we have 4 bushes now!), clematis (for the side fence I think it will look really pretty), and 2 begonias.  I love flowers so I am really excited for everything to come up.  When we started gardening at this new house I planted all of the bulbs (100-200) in the tree ring and it gives me no end of pleasure to see them coming up again this year.  In the Spring the backyard is so colorful with all the tulips and daffodils and azaleas.  Unfortunately, we had to give all of our lilies away because they incredibly poisonous to cars.  Sad, because I love lilies.

But the lack of gardening has made cleaning the house possible.  Friday night Jeff found a cockroach (gross!) coming up from between the floorboards.  So I kind of went a little whack-o yesterday cleaning.  I vacuumed the walls, underneath everything, even the cupboards.  No food or crap in my house anymore!  Or at least I hope not.  Jeff says that we live in the South now and cockroaches are just more prevalent (in his words "roaches happen").  Still doesn't make me feel any better.

Tonight we are grilling burgers and bratwursts again.  Jeff's sister requested it.  I'd rather have some chicken (I bought this really yummy looking cajun marinade that I am dying to try out) but I'll eat whatever is put in front of me.  I am just happy that Kimberly is in town again.  It's really fun to hang with her again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment