This week has been a little crazy. Not crazy busy just that the world seems to be going crazy. I couldn't get a job Monday or Tuesday, which made me do something I have never done before....drive to Durham. Driving 30 minutes for an elementary class for $50 is definitely not on my priority list but I had no choice with making $0 Monday and Tuesday. I might have to do the same thing next week since Durham Schools are still in session which Chapel Hill is on Spring Break. Jeff & I don't leave until Wednesday afternoon for our Spring Break Vacation. We are going to Congaree National Park to go canoeing. I can't wait it should be really fun!
I have been deeply troubled with the other more important things going on in the world today. Japan's nuclear crisis is spiraling out of control and people in CA are buying up all of the anti-radiation vitamins? What?! Libya's dictator is using snipers to kill it's citizens. And the US is complaining about being involved in another war? How can anyone stand by and think that it is OK for us to just watch and see what happens in Libya? Frankly, I am proud to have a President willing to stand up to the unjustness of the world. And to top all of that off, the Republicans want to make the Department of Environmental Natural Resources more business friendly! Oh yes corporations we've already given you the entire American economy now you want to pollute our water supply? Sure, go right ahead, we won't stop you. So I ask again, what is going on with the world? How can we the American people, the people that stood up against their aggressors centuries ago be OK to sit by and watch all of this happening without doing anything about it? Americans have become so lethargic. The only way to stop all of this from spiraling out of control is to get off of our couches and do something about it! We can't sit around and complain about what we don't like. Our politicians are not hearing us and they don't care about us. We need to teach them that they have to listen to us.
Anyway, enough of my tirade. Monday we went out to eat at an italian place called Carmines. They are cheap and that's why we like them :) Tuesday was leftovers. Last night I made chicken lettuce wraps. Oh boy, they were spicy!! Tonight, I might make pork chops, I don't really care for the leftovers that are currently in the fridge and Jeff just informed me that he won't be home until late. Tomorrow, we are doing a guys and girls thing with Jeff's parents. Jeff and his dad are going to go for pizza and see The Big Lebowski. Jeff's mom and I are going to go to Ruby Tuesday and I don't know what else just yet.
5 days until my birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment