Friday's grilling was fun. I bought a Porterhouse and it was huge!!! One neighbor came over and grilled with us, better than expected I guess. Grandma's salad was a major hit, so glad I have those good ole stand-by recipes. :) Jeff's parents also came over. Once everyone left, we went out to have a last beer with our close friend Brian. He's leaving for Tanzania today. Wish him the best of luck!
Yesterday Jeff spent most of the day on the new garden bed. Believe it or not it isn't finished. We got as far as planting the bulbs but there is still a lot to be done. We also went for a hike along the Tobacco Trail. For dinner, I made ratatouille. Ratatouille is the french version of Panzanella. A cheap peasant salad. Basically a ton of vegetables roasted and tossed with EVOO. I served it over polenta. It was tasty and very filling.
Today Jeff is out at the coast and the damn cat wouldn't let me sleep past 7am. Maybe I'll get to take a nap later today. For dinner tonight Jeff is bringing us home some fresh fish and we'll have it over at his parent's place. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment