Well its the weekend again and I find myself not thrilled about the prospect. Tonight, people are coming over to grill and welcome Spring. It is supposed to get to 80 degrees today so thought it would be fun to have our neighbors over. We'll see. They've never come before when I've invited them but maybe they will this time. We are going to grill some steaks, Porterhouses are on sale at the Fresh Market so I am going to pick some up after school today. I am also going to make my Grandmother's Salad. It doesn't really have a name but it is made of strawberries, lettuce, red onion, and a poppy seed dressing. It's sweet and very tasty. I am also going to make some goat cheese cupcakes. They look pretty good. And we'll grill up some corn on the cob too.
Tomorrow we are going to finish the new garden bed that we built last weekend. And we will probably go for a hike somewhere. Sunday Jeff has to go to the coast to do is quarterly check on one of his research sites. So I will be alone Sunday but Jeff usually brings home fresh seafood for dinner.
This past week has been a little crazy. Jeff had another speaker come in from Charlottesville, VA. Wednesday night we had to entertain him so we took him to our favorite restaurant, 411 West. I had a pizza because I had never tried it there before. It was OK. Jeff had a salmon salad that he said was very good. We also had Tiramisu, which was extraordinary! After dinner, we went home and watched The Last Airbender. Don't recommend you see it. Last night, I made a chorizo tortilla quiche. That was really good! I put in a red bell pepper, a fresno chili, chorizo, manchego cheese, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic, tortilla chips, etc. It was very tasty. I think that might be a keeper recipe. :)
A few additional notes: Yesterday I received a request for a video interview for a Teacher Assistant position at the NC Governor's School. The school is pretty prestigious so I might actually consider the position. It is a summer dormitory style school so I would like at the school and be the room mom for the kids. I had to record the video on YouTube. It was so weird and awkward. I don't know how it will go over with the people at the school. I definitely don't prefer this style of interviewing.
No comments:
Post a Comment