Not too much to report on in the last couple of days. We have had beautiful weather here in NC. It was 70 degrees on Sunday!
Thursday was the first day I could use my Costco coupons and I had a check to cash at Costco (we get cash rewards from their credit card) so I convinced Jeff to take me out to dinner and to Costco after school. We went out to a Bavarian Brathaus. It's really expensive but you can't beat the draft pints of German beer. Our favorites from Germany are there! I had the Wiener Schnitzel (OK) and Jeff had a rabbit and sausage dish that was pretty tasty. Friday I made a lamb pasta with fusili and fresh veggies and herbs. It was kind of bland but OK.
Saturday is kind of a funny story. We had signed up to volunteer at the Museum of Natural Sciences for their Reptile and Amphibian Day. They do these special events once a quarter and we usually go and volunteer for it. I've also been hired as a permanent volunteer for the curator of the museum. I start on 3/25 and am pretty exited about the opportunity. Anyway, so we were supposed to work at the Animal Grossology exhibit. The entire museum is free except for special exhibits and this was this quarter's special exhibit. So you have to pay to see it so right off the bat, we knew there weren't going to be a lot of people there. And to top it off it was the St. Patrick's Day Parade for Raleigh so no one was at the museum in general. We had a 3 hour shift and we were supposed to monitor the exhibit for that entire amount of time. There were like 20-30 people there, mostly kids and parents. And there were 4 volunteers including us. Ummm can't the parent's watch their kids? We played games with the kids because we were so bored but after about an hour we started making an escape plan. I'm the devious one and most willing to lie to get my way so it was up to me. Mr. Goody Twoshoes stayed about 50 feet behind me to see what happens. I walked up to the leader and told her I was going to lunch. We left and we didn't return. The good thing was Jeff took me out to lunch! And we watched the parade pass us on the street. :)
Sunday we went for a long hike in Pittsboro (about 30 minutes away). We had a picnic lunch and it was very nice. Jeff also started a new garden bed in the backyard, we have 4 now. The trouble is our backyard is pretty much gravel and clay so nothing grows so Jeff has had to keep adding raised beds for bulbs and vegetables. It looks really pretty, though. I bought some pork kebabs marinated in a bbq sauce from the Fresh Market and we grilled those. I thought they were really good. And corn on the cob was at the market so we had that too. I absolutely love summer and cannot wait for it to start! Of course I say that now but when the humidity comes back I will wilt and hate life again.
Yesterday I had a dentist appointment for my implant. 12 weeks ago I had to have pretty serious dental surgery because a tooth had fallen out. Eww. So I've had this hole in my mouth since. But in 4 weeks, I get the screw put on the implant so then I will sort of have a tooth again!! Anyway, since I had this dentist appt, I couldn't work. Boo hoo, right? I had a great day! I went everywhere and I proved to my silly husband that the Yaris can take whatever I give it. I hate driving Jeff's truck but Jeff wanted me to go to Lowes and get everything we needed to lay down grass seed in the backyard. This included 6 bags of compost, 3 bags of top soil, 3 8-ft cedar boards, grass seed, a seeder machine thing, and a rake. Oh yeah baby, everything except for the compost fit in that tiny car of mine. Believe it or not!! So when Jeff came home at 5:30pm, everything was ready and we put down the seed and the compost. So hopefully in a few weeks we'll have some grass coming up!
Today, I have a half day. I get done at 11:45am. So, I am hoping that my husband will be able to take off early too so we can go back to Lowes. Yes, apparently I bought the expensive kind of cedar boards. I am telling you I looked everywhere for the darned things and I finally asked someone and took what they gave me. How am I supposed to know $10/board is expensive??! Whatever.
A few side notes. You know how when you start living with someone or get married, you assign yourselves domestic roles. Mine is always vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, laundry and occasionally dusting. Jeff cleans the bathroom. Well Sunday is our clean the house day and I told Jeff that he should dust and then I would vacuum. I've been dusting houses since I was 4 years old practically. It was my chore at my grandmother's house, then when we moved to Flagstaff it was my chore there too. That husband of mine didn't do squat. I had to go back over everything. He was done in 15 minutes and I was like no way. I said "did you dust the table? It's glass. But the chairs aren't. Oh. Did you dust the picture frames? They don't need it....oh maybe they do. Jeff there is dust all over the back of the TV. I swear I dusted there!" I just took a new cloth and did it again. Jeff didn't say anything. When I finished he got out the vacuum cleaner. And then I looked around and said "did you do the hallway? No, I'll do that last. Oh okay that's good." Point is stick to your roles. If your husband or partner doesn't have any of his chores to do, don't bother giving him some of your chores. It isn't worth the trouble!
No comments:
Post a Comment