Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Smiles

Last night was pretty uneventful.  We grilled tilapia, peppers, and onions for dinner.  It was really simple and good.  Then, we grilled an apple crisp that was quite good.  Jeff is in full on gardening mode and so spent the rest of the early evening working on his greenhouse.  When he finished, we watched the latest episodes of The Office.

After watching TV, we were getting in to bed and I suddenly realized that we only have a few more months until Jeff leaves me for the summer.  I guess I said this with a huge grin on my face and Jeff was like well!  And after that I couldn't stop smiling and giggling.  My best friend from high school would have been able to dissect this if I ran to our locker the next day but by myself all I could think of was that subconsciously I think I am going again.  Jeff was quick to point out that I am adamant about not going back but I think I really want to go back and deep down I am wondering if I am making the wrong decision.  Living in Italy for another summer is the chance of a lifetime but at this point in my life I have to focus on reality.  I need a job.  Jeff and I are struggling financially and my lousy sub pay just barely gets us by.  But am I putting reality and crap ahead of dreams?  And what does that say if I am?  I guess maybe I smile when I say Jeff your leaving me soon because I am excited about the future and what it holds for us.  I know I don't want Jeff to leave me and I am going to be exceedingly lonely without him but I also know that I extremely independent and that I'll survive and at the end, I'll get to go to Italy and visit him.  I know I am definitely excited about going to Italy again.  

Today we are having our taxes done.  We are so poor that our credit union does taxes for us for free!  Whoo-hoo!  And it is such a comfort when someone else does it because last year Jeff tried the Turbo-Tax and utterly failed.  He had us owing money.  We always get a check from the government.  So I am excited to find out how much money we get this year.  After taxes, we have to grab a quick bite before heading to the HOA Owners Meeting.  This is probably going to be an eventful meeting.  This is the second meeting that the Board is asking for money to fix the roofs in our complex.  This first meeting, the owners said no to replacing everyone's roof.  So this meeting is to address the one roof that has structural issues.  After that is voted on, we have to discuss changes to our Bylaws and Covenants.  Basically this is where the Board says what you can or cannot do.  So that should be a fun discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment