Do you ever get sick of your routine? Every few months this happens to me and I have to start doing my hair differently or any minute change in my routine to get through the next couple of months. Sad, really. But I am so tired of this routine of getting up between 6 and 7 every morning, throwing my hair up, taking the dog, and going to school. It has gotten so tiring that even the weekends aren't very relaxing for me because they are part of the routing now too. On weekends sleep in until 7:30 or 8:30. Saturdays clean the house and do laundry and go for a hike. Sundays do bills and see the in-laws and go grocery shopping. Always the same thing every day of the week. Ugh! I'm going to have to come up with something to change it up.
Anywhoo, Saturday morning we usually make a special breakfast. This Saturday we made crepes together. They were pretty good. The thing about crepes, though, is that you have to eat them within seconds or they get very cold.
Sunday it rained. Jeff worked all day on his greenhouse in his office. So I naturally sat on the couch. I get bored doing most things after a few hours but I try to at least not take naps. So I watched Mean Girls on blu-ray. It was so cool because throughout the entire movie Lindsay Lohan had a pimple on her lip. You can only see that kind of stuff on blu-ray. Jeff's family came over for dinner. We grilled on the griddle since it was raining outside. Still came out pretty good. We had hamburgers and bratwursts. Nothing special really. But for dessert Jeff and I made homemade vanilla ice cream. So good. Used a real vanilla bean and everything. Then, I put scoops into a parfait glass with toasted pecans and oats. And covered the whole thing with melted chocolate. Marvelous!
Today I am doing my favorite thing (sarcasm) teaching with a student teacher. These days are about as boring as you can get but oh well. For dinner tonight we are going to use that cajun marinade I bought on grilled chicken. I hope it comes out good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment