Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yesterday was such a blur it is hard to remember what happened.  I taught Drama yesterday and 7th period the teacher told me to leave.  Okay.  So I left at 3pm which was nice because I all of sudden had a free hour before my phone conference with the lawyer.  But then Jeff called and asked me to go by the hardware store on my way home.  Can't say I was pleased about that.  So then I went home, stuffed something in my mouth, let out the dog, and got on the phone. 

The phone conference went well.  The lawyer had a few questions to clarify the situation and now he is going to go question the contractors that did the repair work for us.  He wants a clear view of what the problem is and what the contractors think of the situation.  Awesome because he isn't charging me for it!  He feels that he should do the homework first before charging me.  Fine by me!  :)  After the phone call, I sent out a summary to the owners in my complex.  Surprisingly 8 out of 12 owners have shown interest in the case.  That means a whole another building wants in on the lawsuit!  That is very exciting because it means the costs go down.

Jeff came home around 5pm and made a stir fry for dinner.  Very yummy.  We had a lot of veggies lying around and he threw them all in. 

After dinner, the HOA Board members came over and we discussed our by-laws.  When the HOA took over the complex in 2009, the legal documents were never changed.  It is time that the contractors' names got off those documents.  And contrary to what I expected, it went really smoothly.  It is amazing what gets done when everyone is in agreement!  Of course now the Board is composed of 3 owners with 2-bedroom units, that gives us a whole lot more power and the 1-bedrooms a whole lot less.  And unfortunately the lone 1-bedroom Board member failed to show up for the discussion.  Sorry but your problem.  Tomorrow night is our big meeting with all of the owners and I feel so prepared (this has never happened!). 

Tonight is pizza night.  I have expressed my views on this to no avail.  This probably means I will be picking up a sandwich for dinner tonight.  Oh well.  Tomorrow is another big day.  Out of school at 4pm, having our taxes done at 4:30pm, HOA Board Meeting at 6:30pm, and HOA Owners Meeting at 7pm.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment