Thursday, January 13, 2011

Last night my wonderful husband surprised me by taking me out to dinner.  I had decided to cook the salmon because an interview day should just not be a leftover day & he called and asked where did I want to go for dinner!  What a sweet man :)  So we had an adventure trying to find somewhere to eat.  Living in Chapel Hill is great for restaurants but 1/2 of them are insanely expensive ($30 dinners).  So I finally decided on a little trattoria that we had never been to & off we went....only to fine the open sign turned off.  Bummer so then we thought well La Residence wasn't too expensive, was it?  Oh yes it was.  So then I said we hadn't had bbq in awhile so off we went on the half hour drive to our bbq place that keeps insane hours....they close at 5pm on Wednesdays.  Geez!  So then we said off to Durham for Bavarian or Japanese.  We went for the Japanese steakhouse, for all you Flagstaff natives it's basically Sakura.  Very nice & a $40 dinner for 2 special, perfect!  We had so much fun!  I love sitting around the grill & watching the guys cook our food.  So based on last night we have decided that is going to be the spot for my birthday, come one come all to Kanki!  I am always hosting parties & for Jeff's birthday I always do something fun & fancy but for my birthday we always pick a restaurant, I don't want to cook on my birthday!

And I'm sure all of you are wondering how the interview went.  I felt it went well.  The school, students, and staff were all really nice but for every answer that I gave I got "interesting" as a response.  It really through me off.  I wasn't sure how to take it but Jeff said its a good thing.  It means I am different from their normal interviewee.  But we'll see I should know next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment