So I have been feeling sick. Yesterday and today I have this terrible cough and a fever. But as I said yesterday, I can't really afford to take off from work so here I am teaching 5th Grade and trying desperately not to lose my patience. These kids are very good, though, unlike Art yesterday. I might have to take tomorrow off just to get some rest, though. Tomorrow is good because I don't already have a job and its a delayed opening anyway. We'll see.
Last night was so nice. It's our pizza night but nobody showed up so I said I had a craving for Sandwhich, this hippy local place that makes really yummy soups and sandwiches. Well they are only open for dinner Thurs-Sat. So I proffered Talullas as an alternative (a kind of expensive Turkish place) and Jeff said yes! Love that man! :) I had the most amazing lamb dish with roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce. It was spicy and wonderful. Jeff had anchovies! The waiter was dead set that we had to try these fish--2 days out of the water, imported from the Black Sea. They were pretty good but they are also very fishy. After dinner we curled up on the couch and watch The Hangover. It's really very funny and ridiculous. Not a must see but its entertaining.
Tonight I am making Pesto with Farfalle pasta and grape tomatoes. Yum! I might make some semifreddo if I feel up to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment