So, Jeff came home yesterday and it definitely did not turn out to be the happy home coming I had envisioned. First, he called me at 2:30pm to ask me to pick him up on campus with the truck. First strike, I hate driving the truck. Then, we loaded up all of his stuff and all of the leftover food and went home. OMG! We bought $800 worth of food for this thing & it doesn't seem like they even made a dent in it. We have so much beer, wine, deli meets & cheese, lettuce, bread, and it goes on and on. I had a mini-melt down when I said that's it the fridge is full it has to go somewhere else and yet Jeff kept bringing more food in from the truck. I went into the bedroom, closed the door, and started to read, I just couldn't take it. Poor husband.
Second Strike was that Jeff's retreat was a complete failure according to him. I guess there was so major tension and fights broke out. And Jeff planned every single little aspect of this event so he is taking it very seriously. So naturally he was biting my head off.
I had planned to make this nice dinner and have the nice bottle of wine I took great pains to pick out for him but since he refused to take any of the leftover food or alcohol to somebody else, we get to drink the crappy Yellow Tail from the trip with our meal. I made the marsala pasta but it wasn't as rich and delicious as I thought it would be. I'm wondering if it was the kale that soaked up all of the flavors.
Third Strike was Jeff raising his voice at me while eating. I lost my appetite because he refused to admit that he was doing anything wrong and yet he is the one stressed out and upset over this trip but he isn't taking it out on me. Whatever. He ended up going to sleep while I watched His Girl Friday to cheer me up. I did eventually convince him to wake up and watch How I Met Your Mother with me.
So the night was definitely not at all how I had planned but it ended up on a good note. We snuggled on the couch to watch our show and then we read our book before going to bed early (Jeff was exhausted!). Still no news on the job front, maybe today......
No comments:
Post a Comment